There is a large population of elk in the Peace River region of Alberta, Canada. Here you get the rare opportunity to hunt during the peak of the rut.
WHAT DO YOU GET ELK HUNTING WITH MIKE’S OUTFITTING?
- Exciting, high success Alberta elk rut hunting at a reasonable price.
- Physically, a fairly tough hunt but at low elevation. No mountains to climb. No horses to ride.
- An experienced guide who knows where to find the elk and how to call them within range.
- An excellent chance to take a mature, heavy 5 or 6 point bull.
- A guaranteed tag, no draw required.
These hunts are done in a mix of public and private land on the farmland fringe using calling and spot and stalk tactics. You will have a great chance to get a mature, heavy 5 or 6 point bull. A legal bull just needs to have 3 points on one side. The hunting pressure is relatively low in most of our hunting areas. The elk are generally not difficult to locate on cool, calm days as they can be very vocal. On good weather days, you may hear multiple bugling bulls. Occasionally even the bigger herd bulls will come charging into a bugle, giving the hunter a close shot.
We own the only 6 outfitter rifle elk tags in our zone. Your chance for success is greatly improved by being physically fit. Even though we kill some elk in the farm fields, being able to hike the steep Peace River Valley or chase a rutting bull is a necessity. It is a fun hunt with a high success rate. Contact Mike to book your elk hunting trip in Alberta Canada.