Mike’s Outfitting has guided black bear hunts since 1992 along the Peace River in Alberta, Canada.
WHAT DO YOU GET BLACK BEAR HUNTING WITH MIKE’S OUTFITTING?
- Quality Bear Management System allowing hunters to selectively harvest mature male bears, not females and small bears.
- Top quality trail camera at every bait site ensuring you will be hunting sites with one or more trophy size mature boars
- High population of black bears. See upwards of 30-40 bears in a week. Sows with 3 cubs is normal, some have 4- 5 cubs.
- High percentage of coloured bears ranging from chocolate, cinnamon to blonde.
- Highly productive farmland zone where 5 year old boars already have 7 foot square hide, skull over 19″, weigh over 330 lbs.
- Fantastic genetics giving hunters possibility to harvest 400+ lb., 7 1/2 foot bear and skull exceeding 20-21 inches.
- No black flies.
Our black bear hunting area is perfect bear habitat. We hunt a highly productive farmland zone where 5 year old boars already have 7 foot square hide, skull over 19″, weigh over 330 lbs. The lush woods, farm crops and big game animals gives plenty for the bears to eat, grow fast and end up bigger than a wilderness bear. The huge river valley funnels traveling male bears right to our bait sites. We only take 6 black bear hunters per week in our lodge with very active bait sites. We have taken dozens of huge bodied, record book bears, most of them in the last few years. We have a high percentage of coloured bears ranging from chocolate, cinnamon to blonde. All of our bait sites are set up for bow or rifle hunting with a 15-20 yard shot from a 12 ft high permanent tree stand or a 2 person, bear proof, wood box, ground blind. We strive to get every hunter a mature record book bear or two. Contact Mike to book your next trophy black bear hunt in Alberta Canada.